Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sept. 9 - Planet Earth Sunday

Praise God crashing waves! Praise God calm seas! Today I write to you from the New Jersey shore where I have come with my community for the weekend. It is easy for me to be in awe and to praise Creator when I experience being part of Creation so obviously magnificent and beautiful, like the ocean. It’s harder when I’m in the hot, cramped spaces of a big city. But, the reality is that wherever we are, we are always moving in, through, and with God’s Creation. Let all Creation Praise! is a website with several resources for the Season of Creation, including a series of Sunday liturgies for the 2018 Season of Creation. On the website we read: “The Word is a deep impulse summoning forth creation, evoking praise from creation and stirring life in creation. This series (of liturgies) correlates with the Mark series of the church year.” The liturgies are offered for public use, in whole or in part. Each community is invited to adapt them to their context. Pause to join all Creation giving praise! 


No comments:

Post a Comment